Stop everything you’re doing. I mean it, drop everything. This is seriously important for your overall wellbeing.
Ever have those days where nothing seems to be going your way? We have just the remedy for you. Our very own REVLY musical genius, Lauryn Gillis, curated a badass playlist to lift your spirits when you’re not feeling your best.
Whenever I am having a bad day, my girl Lauryn is there to listen and pick me up. One time I got my heart broken and she showed up at my apartment with a full bottle of wine and listened to me sob. She is the kind of friend that everybody needs in their life.
Lauryn has taught me the healing power of music and the empowering feeling that comes when listening to everyone’s favorite anthems. There is nothing like driving in a car full of friends belting out the Spice Girls or Destiny’s Child (extremely off key). Lauryn is constantly making playlists and sharing them and YOU are now lucky enough to be a part of that mailing list!
I have been pressuring Lauryn to make playlists for REVLY because of how fun it can be to share music with friends. For the first version of this “guest blog,” Lauryn put together a “Give ‘Em Hell” playlist that makes you want to strut down the street and flaunt what you’ve got.
So for those days when your hair won’t cooperate, your boyfriend left you on read, or you bombed your math final, here are some songs that are sure to help you get your sparkle back and set your soul on fire.
Lauryn’s playlist is public on Spotify! Click the picture above or the playlist title below to access it. For those of us that aren’t hip enough to download music apps (thanks Lo for always letting me log into yours), here is a copy. Enjoy!
- Good As Hell- Lizzo
- ***Flawless- Beyoncé, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Feeling Myself- Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé
- Scuse Me- Lizzo
- Kill The Lights (with Nile Rodgers)- Alex Newell, Jess Glynne, DJ Cassidy, Nile Rodgers, Audien
- Sit Still, Look Pretty- Daya
- Hold My Hand- Jess Glynne
- Pretty Girl Rock- Keri Hilson
- Super Bass- Nicki Minaj
- Glorious (feat. Skylar Grey)- Macklemore, Skylar Grey
- Thunder- Imagine Dragons
- Great One- Jessie Reyez
- Shining- DJ Khaled, Beyoncé, JAY Z
- Jumpin’, Jumpin’- Destiny’s Child
- Fuck You- CeeLo Green
- Bossy- Kelis, N.E.R.D., Pusha T
- Just The Way You Are- Bruno Mars
- Legendary- Welshly Arms
- 7/11- Beyoncé
- Confident- Demi Lovato
- Love Myself- Hailee Steinfeld
- Do My Thang- Miley Cyrus
- Girl On Fire- Alicia Keys
- Who Says- Selena Gomez & The Scene
- Bulletproof- La Roux
- Fight Song- Rachel Platten
- Superwoman- Alicia Keys
- Most Girls- Hailee Steinfeld
- Brave- Sara Bareilles
- Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield
- Firework- Katy Perry
- Beautiful- Christina Aguilera
- Scars To Your Beautiful- Alessia Cara
- Rise Up- Andra Day
- Raise Your Glass- P!nk
- Who You Are- Jessie J
- The Greatest- Sia, Kendrick Lamar
- I Look So Good (Without You)- Jessie James
- I Love Me- Meghan Trainor, LunchMoney Lewis
- All About That Bass- Meghan Trainor
- We R Who We R- Kesha
- Whip My Hair- Willow